In order for your application to be considered complete, you must submit the following the requirements:
1. Application: We strongly recommend that you fill out an application online at http://apply.wisconsin.edu
. By submitting an online application, our office will be able to begin the processing of your application as soon as you submit it. One business day after you have submitted your application, you will receive an e-mail from the university, explaining how to check the status of your application on our PAWS online student information system, PAWS Redirect
2. Fees: All applications must include the application fee (AF), plus an evaluation fee (EF) for all applicants with education from outside the US. You can send a check or international money order, or pay the fees with a credit card at the same time you submit an online application.
Bachelor's degree applicants who have NEVER studied outside the US - Total $44 ($44 AF).
Bachelor's degree applicants who have studied outside the US - Total $84 ($44 AF + $40 EF).
3. Academic Records: Applicants must submit original or officially-certified copies of original academic records for all upper secondary and post-secondary education undertaken, whether or not the program was completed.
Original or attested copies of original transcripts, marks sheets, grade reports, diplomas or certificates, national standardized examination results, or other academic course work are required. Photocopies, scanned, or notarized copies are not accepted as official documents. All academic documents submitted as part of an application become the property of UWM.
Academic records issued in languages other than English must be submitted and accompanied by an official (school- issued or -certified) complete and literal English translation.
Official records must be sent directly to UWM from the institution or examination authority unless the institution or examination authority does not offer this service.
* Academic Document Description by Country
4. Proof of English Language Proficiency: Applicants for undergraduate study at UWM must meet one of the following for admission:
TOEFL: Minimum TOEFL score of 520 (PBT) or 68 (iBT).
IELTS: Minimum IELTS score of 5.5.
University Study: Proof of completion of at least eighteen months of full-time study (approximately three semesters) at a recognized or accredited institution of higher education whose language of instruction is English (immediately prior to enrollment at UWM).
Secondary/High School Study: Proof of completion of the last two years of secondary/high school at an institution whose language of instruction is English (immediately prior to enrollment at UWM).
Conditional Admission: Applicants who do not meet any of the above options may be eligible for conditional admission to UWM. Admitted students in this category are required to enroll in UWM's ESL program and will not be eligible to register for academic courses until they have met one of the following:
Successful completion of the UWM Intensive English as a Second Language program (Completion of one full semester [16 weeks] of Immersion level ESL; Overall attendance in ESL courses must be at least 85%; Positive overall assessment from three ESL instructors; Overall grade in Immersion level ESL of B- or better).
Submission of an official TOEFL or IELTS score that meets the minimum requirements described above from an exam that was taken after the date of admission.
5. Other Requirements: Starting Fall 2012, all applicants to the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences must also submit official ACT or SAT I scores.
After Admission: If admitted to UWM, applicants who expect to hold an F-1 or J-1 visa must provide proof of adequate funds to live and study full-time at UWM. Estimated costs of studying at UWM are included in the Proof of Funding Information Form.
Proof of Adequate Funding for One Year of Study at UWM
SEVIS Transfer Information Form (for students transferring from another U.S. school)