Dear Amal Alshammari,
This email is to acknowledge receipt of your application for admission to Ball State University. Your application states that you wish to apply for the spring semester of 2015 in Mathematics for a Master’s Degree.
It is your responsibility to check with specific departments and complete any required additional applications, testing, or documents.
The following link will take you to your department’s website: Master of Arts or Science in Mathematics - Ball State University
Below is the list of items we will need for your application to be reviewed by the International Admissions Team:
1. Academic Records: All graduate applicants are required to send their academic documents earned outside of the United States to WES (World Education Services) for evaluation.
· Visit International Graduate Requirements for more information about WES
· We require the Course by Course evaluation (Including Transcripts)
· Government Sponsored Exceptions
o You are not required to submit WES, but are encouraged to
o Will need to submit copies, in English, of all transcript sand diplomas for post secondary education
o Failure to use WES evaluation services can cause a delay in the evaluation of your application
2. TOEFL/IELTS: You must submit an official TOEFL/IELTS score directly to us from Educational Testing Service (ETS).
· Ball State University School Code 1051
· Must be sent directly from ETS
· Scores of 79 IBT or 550 PBT , or above, are eligible for Regular Admission
· Government Sponsored Exceptions
o You are not required to submit TOEFL/IELTS Scores
o Your application will be considered for conditional admission
o If you submit a passing score you will be considered for regular admission
· General TOEFL/IELTS Exceptions
o If you have earned a degree or have 24 hours of academic study in the US you are waived from the TOEFL/IELTS
o If you have earned a degree from one of these native English Speaking Countries: United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada (Except Quebec), Australia, and new Zealand you may be waived from the TOEFL/IELTS. Possible TOEFL waivers will be reviewed at the time of evaluation.
· Please reply to this email and request a Student Authorization to Disclose Information to Third Parties form.
· As the applicant you must complete the form, being sure to sign and date
· Forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or faxed to 765-285-3710
· We are unable to give documents to 3rd parties
The following documents will be required by the International Student Services team, if you are found admissible to Ball State University. You can send them at the time of application or once you have our application decision.
Documents required to issue an I-20 (F Visa Certificate of Eligibility) or a DS-2019 (J Visa Certificate of Eligibility).
1. PASSPORT PHOTOCOPY – A clear copy of the main passport page for you and each of the dependents (spouse or children) you will bring to Ball State. If you are currently in the US, include copies of your current visa, all I-20s or DS 2019s and I-94s for you and your dependents.
2. ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF FUNDS – You must demonstrate your ability to pay for your living expenses and your University Fees. You will need to demonstrate sufficient funds are available to you in the form of personal funds, private sponsorship (family and friends), Government Sponsorship or Ball State sponsorship.
Personal funds: - Submit bank statements in your name showing balance of account. Scanned copies can be sent by email but original statements must be mailed to Ball State. A sample bank statement can be found here.
Private sponsors (must include both of the following):
1. Letter(s) that shows the relationship between you and the sponsor(s), the amount of support and the length of support or the Agreement of Financial Support-Private Sponsors form in place of a letter.
2. AND the sponsor's bank or other financial statements showing account balance. Scanned copies can be sent by email but original statements must be mailed to International Student Services at Ball State. A sample bank statement can be found here.
Governmental/institutional support or award letters - Students relying on support from their government, such as the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission, must send a financial guarantee letter with the sponsor’s name and address. Your major must be listed on the form including any provisions for ESL.
Ball State University Awards – If you have been awarded a Graduate Assistantship or Scholarship from Ball State You must include the Award Letter showing the amount and length of support.
ALL SUPPORTING FUNDING DOCUMENTS FOR BALL STATE MUST:
• be no more than one year old (older statements will not be accepted). You may want to obtain more recent funding documents for your visa interview.
• should be in English if possible (especially names)
• clearly show in your national currency and the US dollar ($USD) *****alents
• be from statements that show liquid assets that can be converted to cash
• salary statements, tax documents and stock portfolios are not acceptable
We look forward to receiving your application materials soon. If you have further questions or inquires it is best to contact us. To see your updated status be sure to log into Self Service regularly. If you have not yet received self service access, you should receive an email soon with information on how to log in.
Rinker Center for International Programs
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306 USA