الأعضاء الإشتراك و التسجيل

الملتقيات
ADs

TIPPING in the USA: What Should We Know

TIPPING in the USA: What Should We Know

NOTICE

تنبيه: هذا الموضوع قديم. تم طرحه قبل 5158 يوم مضى, قد يكون هناك ردود جديدة هي من سببت رفع الموضوع!

قائمة الأعضاء الموسومين في هذا الموضوع

1. الصورة الرمزية EMINEM
    EMINEM

مبتعث مستجد Freshman Member

EMINEM الولايات المتحدة الأمريكية

EMINEM , ذكر. مبتعث مستجد Freshman Member. من الولايات المتحدة الأمريكية , مبتعث فى الولايات المتحدة الأمريكية , تخصصى ______ , بجامعة ______
    • ______
    • ______
    • ذكر
    • ______, ______
    • الولايات المتحدة الأمريكية
    • Jan 2007
    المزيدl

March 14th, 2010, 09:42 AM

.. ?Tipping in the USA: What Should We Know ..

This topic targets my dear friends in the USA (current and future students) because it’s a very important cultural aspect neglected and ignored by many. It might be different in other countries (and students from other countries are welcome to share), but tipping in the American culture is definitely something everyone should know and learn about while being served by others. So I’ll show you here some symptoms and facts then give you some straightforward easy solutions that can help you from now on. Think about the following questions. I'm sure you had some of them in mind before

Do you sometimes order at a restaurant and it takes so long to get to your table
    Have you ordered a pizza and it was ‘so’ late when delivered by the delivery boy
    Do you notice that nobody is willing to serve you the next time you eat out at any diner or restaurant
    Do you ever tip at restaurants? If not, you should take a look at your food the next time you order !SERIOUSLY
    Do you know that waiters and waitresses depend on the tips they get from their customers? Business owners don’t give them much, especially during these tough economic times
    Didn’t you tip your hairstylist or barber the last time you had a haircut
    Do you tip a taxi driver? An electrician? A plumber? The delivery boy? etc

Well, it’s easy and simple so let me show you how. From a personal experience, I used to calculate tips in my head at first like this. For example [10%] Look at the amount to be tipped. Move the decimal place one digit to the left. That's 10% of the amount. Add that to the original amount for a 10% tip. For example, the amount to be tipped is $50.00. A 10% tip is $5.00. The total amount with tip is the sum of $50.00 and $5.00, which is $55.00.” Check the link down below. Second, I printed this table out and put it in my wallet, which is the same size of my State ID or credit card. Then, after a while, taking my wallet out every time became difficult. So I changed it to my third and final strategy to know the exact number so fast. Using my phone, I took a picture of the “Tip Table” and just simply take a look at it whenever I want to. Here it is: Free Tip Table

Let’s represent our identity, religion and country too in a sophisticated, civilized, and generous way. Tipping is something that many of us ignored or still ignore. When we tip, we don’t only understand unspoken language, but we also have a good cultural understanding. Just like we are nice to everyone, we now also know what tipping is and we didn’t forget about it. Thanks for reading and I hope you like my tipping strategies and useful solutions

2. المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة arroori
    انا في امريكا دايما اعطي 10 في المية مناسبة جدا بس اذا مكان مره فخم والخدمة ممتازة 20 في المية في حالات خاصة...
    يعطيك العافية على الموضوع عشان منجد مهم التبنق هناك
    Yeah it all depends on the service of the waiter or waitress and how fast and nice they are. My tips range from 15 % to 20% which is similar to yours. Thanks for sharing your experience
    7 "
  3. المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة طالب الخير26
    ممكن يا شباب واحد يفهمني اللي مكتوب
    المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة hamed90
    الموضوع يتكلم عن البغشيش في المطاعم وعند الحلاقين في امريكا

Thanks for stopping by, guys! Yeah, you get the idea. We need to give other people a good impression about us and to make sure that we eat nice food next time. So, we're hitting two birds with one stone! Take care
    7 "
  4. I'm afraid that I didn't get the calculation mentioned above :S . I will explain what I understood, then give me your feedback.

if I go to a restaurant for instance, in somewhere in US, then I ordered a pizza and soda. however, the bill now is 15$. how much should I give to the waiter or waitress?

if I follow the stratgey written in the table , then I will pay 2.10$, right?

Best of luck
    7 "
  5. المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة aBoD69
    good point really i was wander about whats the roles of tipping in us . i know here in ksa i can make full order and didn't gaive the waiter money but i hared thats not work in America thankx bro
    You're welcome buddy! The best thing about you is that you actually cared and thought about tipping BEFORE you come to the USA! Good planning! That's because some of my friends here don't care about it which is pretty sad. But later on when I told them about its importance, they learned the lesson and started to give tips (lol). They want to be sure that the food is always clean

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة K. S. A
    I'm afraid that I didn't get the calculation mentioned above :S . I will explain what I understood, then give me your feedback.

if I go to a restaurant for instance, in somewhere in US, then I ordered a pizza and soda. however, the bill now is 15$. how much should I give to the waiter or waitress?

if I follow the stratgey written in the table , then I will pay 2.10$, right?

Best of luck
    Don't worry I got my calculations mixed up too when I first started. Then, I made some strategies like instead of giving 3.46 I would give $4 or 3.5 depending on the service. (no cents) The best thing to do is to take a picture from your phone of this table and open it whenever you need it. That's what I do, and I know it's weird. But it saves time thinking and calculating. Good luck my friend http://www.itipping.com/free-tip-table.htm
    7 "
  6. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks buddy for the hot topic seriously !!!! all the restrants that i have been in Jeddah they take a service fee so I started not to tip

but its diffrent here s you saied at firest i did not accept the idea of them diving me the pill and there is a special space for tipping ,I was felling like i am forced to do it but anyway this is something in their culture so we have to get used to
    7 "
ADs

قم بتسجيل دخولك للمنتدي او

الانضمام لمبتعث

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.